Diabetes Home Coaching Courses
Life is full of challenges and diabetes adds a heavy burden.
Our medical system is great for teaching the medical side of diabetes, but offers little support for the day to day struggles.
But there can be peace in the storm if you are prepared.Patricia Daiker, RN-BC is a certified Nurse Coach specializing in diabetes. Her professional training and first hand experience is the background from which she has created this curriculum. Being a seasoned ICU and ER nurse wasn’t enough, but she has found the path and the skills that will help you live a better diabetes life.
This course takes you on a journey from chaos and unpredictable weather, to a place where you have new skills to face any season.Online courses are the perfect way to unpack all the emotions, frustration and confusion you may be experiencing. There is no need to break down publically or take time off of work. Get clarity, insight and a new understanding at home, one your phone, in private! Research has proven that coping well with the challenges of diabetes is the #1 thing you can do for your long term health!
“What can I expect from the courses?”
You will be guided through Patricia’s 5 Key Coaching Strategies which are arranged in 5 Chapters of content.
Each Chapter has 5 video lessons where Patricia lets you in on the strategies that can really help you change your diabetes game plan. Content will include research findings, clinical practice insights, coaching modalities, references and personal stories you can relate to.
As you watch each video, you follow along in the companion Home Coaching Journal where you can take notes, answer pop quizzes and dig deep into your Home Coaching Exercises.
Some lessons have quizzes, surveys or scoring tools to identify areas of strength and opportunity!
You will also do a beginning and end of course assessment so you can really measure your transformation!
“Tell me more about each Chapter.”Each chapters guides you on a journey through very specific content that will help you gain new skills, perspective and tools to deal with all that diabetes will throw at you. Let’s face it, diabetes will always be as unpredictable as the weather, these topics will help your understand your options in any season.
All About diabetes
My Emotional Rollercoaster
- Understand how your beliefs, needs, wants and current coping strategies impact you
- Introducing grief that happens when you lose the life you thought you would have
- Denial & anger – normal parts of grief and they have purpose
- Bargaining and depression – again normal parts of grief how to recognize/move through
- Light at the other end of the tunnel, when you work through grief
Using YOur Motivation
Lesson 1: Understanding Your Actions
- How behavior is driven by instincts, needs and beliefs
- Understand the influence of what you need
- Exploring your belief systems – the key to change
- Learning new ways to approach changes
- Choosing with intent and purpose
It’s YOUR Life – Live it!
- Understanding the intrusion diabetes is to your life
- Creating wellness around YOU
- Intention and Responsibility = Freedom
- Taking care of your entire person, not just your diabetes
- Strategies for getting what YOU need
Finding YOUR Voice
Lesson 1: Communication is Healthy
Lesson 2: My Five C’s of Great Communication
Clarify, Curiosity, Collect, Create, and Courage
Lesson 3: Curiosity Opens Doors
Finding power with great questions
Lesson 4: Receiving What You Want
The art of listening
Lesson 5: Great Communication Tips
Examples of phrases and strategies for handling tough conversations.
I’m interested! How do I get started?
It’s simple, just select an option below. You can pay with PayPal or Credit Card. Once you are signed up you will have immediate access to get started!
Curious?Get started with a single Chapter
- If you aren’t too sure about how this works, you are welcome to choose a single chapter to try it out.
- What content is most important to you?
- Do you need to understand the basics of how diabetes works in your body? Try Chapter 1.
- Are you frustrated and feeling stuck? Chapter 2 will help!
- Do you find it impossible to stick to your plans? Learn why in Chapter 3.
- Do you feel like you have lost your choices? Many with diabetes do. Check out Chapter 4 .
- Or Do you feel like no one listens to you? Chapter 5 has tips for you!
- (You will pick your chapter on the next page)
Courageous!All in and ready for change! Let's do this!
- You know this journey will continue long after the course work is done. You want to be connected with ongoing mentoring and support.
- This package provides all the benefits of the Confident Package Plus ongoing access to Coaching with online Zoom calls and private Facebook group.
- As a special bonus you will receive a complementary copy of Patricia’s book “Dragonfly Lights – Finding Your Perfect Purpose“. It’s a beautifully illustrated book of inspirations and motivation for children of all ages!
- It’s time to start your Better Diabetes Life!
Confident.Show me the way!
- It’s time to start this journey to a new and better way.
- This package provides you the entire curriculum! All 5 Chapters, with 25 lessons and Home Coaching Journal. Over 25 hours of content and learning!
- Another option for text
The Confidant Package
- You know it is time to do something new.
- Your own ability to cope with diabetes is no longer getting it done. You need to understand why you are stuck.
- This package provides will guide you on a comprehensive journey where you will learn in depth about your disease, your struggle, your inner motivation, how to feel more empowered and how to speak and be heard.
- The content is organized into 5 Chpaters with 5 lessons each. Each lesson has a video, a home coaching journal and feedback surveys. Some of the lessons have quizzes and scoring tools.
- You are one click away from a better diabetes life!